This website is operated by the Macquarie Group (being Macquarie Group Limited and its related bodies corporate) (“we”, “us” or “our”) for and on behalf of Woolworths Group Limited.
We respect the privacy of the people we deal with and we uphold high standards of privacy practice and security. This policy explains how we handle personal information and how we interact with you online.
Whenever we handle personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate standards of privacy practice and security are applied.
The information we collect
For most products and services it is necessary for us to collect 'personal information' such as your name, identity details, photos, contact details, transaction information and other personal details where needed (such as gender, marital status and financial information).
Our Credit Information Policy sets out details of our handling of personal credit information obtained from credit reporting bodies. This applies mostly to our Australian credit products such as credit cards and loans.
We collect your health information where we offer you products with an insurance component or in assessing certain claims, including hardship. We do not use or share that information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of your policy, claim or account, or as otherwise notified to you at the time we collect your information.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about you unless required by law or where you consent for us to do so (only where it is relevant to your product). Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs
- sexual preferences
- criminal convictions
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- biometric and health information.
We may collect information about your affiliation with certain organisations, such as professional associations.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services. This may include consumer facing services conducted by Macquarie Bank Limited (such as consumer banking, insurance or wealth advisory services) or services and advice provided by entities involved in the various investment activities undertaken by Macquarie Group Limited and its related entities
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- conduct marketing and social functions
- maintain your contact details
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing.
or as otherwise authorised by you.
Without such information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with an appropriate level of service.
How we collect your information
We collect personal information about you directly from you – this can be in person, in documents you give us, from telephone calls, emails, competitions you enter, your access to our website or from transactions you make.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including public sources, your adviser(s), employer (or its affiliates), agents, referrers, brokers, our related companies and service providers (including credit reporting bodies and information service providers).
How we store your information
We keep personal information in physical and electronic records, at our premises and the premises of our service providers, which may include storage on the cloud. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
We also keep records of our interactions with you (including by telephone, email and online), your transaction history and your enquiries or complaints.
How we use your information
We use personal information about you for the purpose for which it was provided to us, including to:
- process applications
- administer and manage our products and services, including any rewards programs
- monitor, audit, evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- model and test data (in a controlled environment)
- develop scores, risk assessments and related analytical tools (including for risk management and portfolio analysis purposes)
- arrange funding through securitisation
- communicate with you and deal with or investigate any complaints or enquiries.
We may also:
- de-identify your data for our own purposes including market research, new product development and fraud mitigation
- use your personal information for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, if you don’t want to receive such communications you can tell us by using any of the methods listed below.
While we may sometimes share personal information with companies we do business with (e.g. in product development, joint venture arrangements or distribution arrangements), we do not sell personal information for marketing purposes to other organisations or allow such companies to do this.
When your information is disclosed
We may share personal information inside the Macquarie Group, and may disclose personal information outside the Macquarie Group:
- as required by relevant law or regulations, such as those relating to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing or as required by a regulator
- to our service providers in connection with our products and services (including archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification, brokerage, maintenance, trustee, securitisation, website and technology services)
- to Woolworths Group Limited and companies within the Woolworths Group
- to any person acting on your behalf, including your mortgage intermediary, financial adviser, attorney, solicitor or accountant
We may also disclose your personal information (on a condifential basis) in connection with the undertaking of our principle investment activities including, but not limited to, acquisitions, mergers, divestments, and the management of any parts of our business or assets, and the provision of any debt to another party.
In some circumstances the parties with whom we share personal information may operate outside of Australia - this includes locations in the countries listed in the Appendix). Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Macquarie Group seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information - this includes internal policies, auditing, training and monitoring of staff.
If other organisations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it in accordance with relevant laws and our records management policy.
How you can access or correct your information
You can contact us as set out below to request access to or correction of your personal information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access or make the requested corrections to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny these requests. If your request is denied, we will provide you with the reason why (if we can). Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
Dealing with us online
When you visit websites operated by us you will browse anonymously unless you have logged into a client portal or accessed the website from a personalised communication.
Once you have logged into a client portal operated by us, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you and we may combine that with other information in order to provide you with a better online experience.
If you would prefer not to be identified, you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on a user's computer by a website for record keeping purposes. While cookies are not considered personal information, they are generally used on websites operated by us to:
- manage advertising - when you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using
- monitor traffic - we use anonymous information to track how people are using the websites operated by us. This may include time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer you are using
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Privacy @ Woolworths
Policy updated 18 November 2015
APPENDIX - Disclosure to other countries
Personal information may be disclosed to Macquarie Group entities and third parties in jurisdictions including: Australia; Austria; Brazil; Canada; China; Denmark; France; Germany; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Ireland; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Netherlands; New Zealand; Philippines; Russia; Singapore; South Africa; South Korea; Spain; Switzerland; Taiwan; Thailand; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States of America.